Sunday, August 16, 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge #62 & Sketch Saturday #64

I wanted to get one more card done before the work week begins because I'm not sure if I'll be back to my craft room again before Friday (my day off). I'm anticipating this to be a rough week as one of the other admin assistants is on vacation and I'm expected to do a part of her job that I've never done before..... as well as my own job. Should be an interesting week, to say the least.


So, of course, I chose the Penny Black Saturday Challenge #62. Their challenge this week is a color challenge.... blue, tan and cream. Since I also love sketch challenges, I checked out the sketch saturday challenge and, as usual, they have a wonderful sketch posted.

I used the PB stamp "Three Daisies" and I actually colored it with a blender pen and Chalk "Prussian Blue" ink. I didn't seem to have a Copics blue that matched my paper (sounds like a shopping trip to me??!!) The DP is from K & Company's Classic K Bailey paper pad and the CS is Bazzill and Stampin' Up. I used Nestabilities standard and scallop oval dies, the Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder and a Fiskars border punch. The pearls are Hero Arts, the blue ribbon is from Michael's and the pearl/lace is from Hobby Lobby.

Hope you have all have a good week. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers, Judi

3 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous card judi....love that beautiful image and great use of the colour combo....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxxx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Judi - love your iamge and use of lace and punched edges. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Jo said...

WOW! stunning!
very elegant *claps*
Thank you for joining in our challenge,
Jo xx