Monday, August 31, 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge #64

I'm not sure what the problem was, but this card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge #64 took me forever. The challenge was Christmas. Simple enough. I made a Christmas card earlier in the week which came together quite effortlessly. But this one had me stumped. I had trouble picking the paper, I had trouble cutting the paper, I tried ribbons, I tried different flowers, I stamped a couple of different images. Finally, late yesterday afternoon, things started falling into place.



I used "Merry Kitty" by Penny Black. The little bit of coloring was done with Copics (C1, C5, R02, R24, R27, R29). The DP was some really old Paper Patch paper, the CS was Bazzill and the mirror paper came from Marco's Paper. The squares were cut with Nestabilities standard and scallop squares and I embossed with Cuttlebug's "Christmas Ornaments" embossing folder. The flower was made by punching twice with Fiskar's "oopsie daisy" punch and once with a Stampin' Up punch. The jewel in the center is Hero Arts. And the Christmas ball is totally covered with Stickles "Xmas Red".

It's not the best card I've ever made... but it's not the worst, and in the end, I like it. I guess, subconsciously, I'm just not ready to think about Christmas.

Cheers, Judi

4 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

hi judi...sorry you had such a time making this card but hey it was worth it....it turned out gorgeous...love the papers and your cute image...thanks for joining in the christmas fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxxx

tracie said...

Oh this is gorgeous Judi, and although it didn't come together easy for you... I think the end result is just perfect. Thanks for joining in the xmas fun this week at PBSC
hugs
Tracie :)x

Pauline C said...

Hi Judi - fab card after all your trials in making it ... i know what you mean though - sometimes it all comes together naturally and other times you cans pend ages deciding what goes with wat. Well worth it in the end though :-) Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

debby4000 said...

Well it'a a fabby card even though it caused you such a headache, love the sweet image.
luv
Debby