Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Birthday Card #2

Today is my Mom's birthday, 85 years old. Sue and I went over to see her after work. She had already had supper but the cook at Sunrise of Cascade (assisted living community where Mom lives) had prepared her an apple pie. We had a piece with her, along with the other folks she eats with. It was very good pie.

This is the card I made her. The stamp is "Aspire" by Penny Black, the patterned paper is "Aspen Petite" by Karen Neuburger, the purple card stock is from Hobby Lobby. I colored with Tombow makers and gave the stamped flowers a touch of Stickles glitter glue. The paper flowers are from my stash.
I was going to use this card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge until I realized it didn't have any embossing. It would have been really embarrassing to have my first ever challenge post not meet the requirements. Too bad... I had a lesson in posting a link and I'd like to give it a try.

No comments: