Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Couple of Days... just like any other day

Not much going on the last two days. Work hasn't been too bad. We got our school bond app sent to the Treasury Department for review which is a huge load off my plate. It was the largest application we had ever sent in... 17 sites total. Let's just hope it passes in May.

Woke up to snow this morning. Guess we got a couple of inches. It's supposed to turn really cold starting this weekend and continuing through next week. Glad we don't have to go anywhere.

We had a department holiday party in December and I volunteered to teach everyone how to make cards. They seemed to really enjoy it and now they've decided they want to make Valentines. We had several hours for our holiday party but this time, we are going to play during a lunch. My challenge is to create a couple of cards that 10 women who don't know much about stamping can make in an hour. How do I get myself into these situations??? I haven't any idea what kind of cards to design so I guess that's how I'll spend my weekend.
Even though I haven't made anything new in the last couple of days, I did find an ATC I made a while back. It is made with alcohol inks (Trias) on glossy cardstock. I really love the look you get with Trias. The colors blend in such unusual patterns. I used an Impression Obsession stamp and mounted it on black cardstock.

No comments: